1. In the first place we have granted to God, and by this our present charter confirmed for us and our heirs forever that the English Church shall be free, and shall have her rights entire, and her liberties inviolate; [secure from harm]
9. Neither we nor our bailiffs will seize any land or rent for any debt, as long as the chattels [possessions] of the debtor are sufficient to repay the debt;
12. No scutage [tax ] or aid [subsidy] shall be imposed on our kingdom, unless by common counsel of our kingdom…
14. And for obtaining the common counsel of the kingdom anent the assessing of an aid… (except in the three cases aforesaid) or of a scutage, we will cause to be summoned the archbishops, bishops, abbots, earls, and greater barons,...and others who hold of us in chief, for a fixed date, and at a fixed place; and in all letters of such summons we will specify the reason of the summons. And when the summons has thus been made, the business shall proceed on the day appointed, according to the counsel of those who shall be present, although all who have been summoned have not come…
39. No freemen shall be taken or imprisoned or dispossessed. or exiled or in any way destroyed, nor will we go upon him nor send upon him, except by the lawful judgment of his peers or by the law of the land.
40. To no one will we sell, to no one will we refuse or delay, right or justice.
42. It shall be lawful in future for anyone …to leave our kingdom and to return, safe and secure by land and water, except for a short period in time of war, on grounds of public policy- reserving always the allegiance due to us.
52. If anyone has been dispossessed or removed by us, without the legal judgment of his peers, from his lands, castles, franchises, or from his right, we will immediately restore them to him….
63. Wherefore we will … and that the men in our kingdom have and hold all the aforesaid liberties, rights, and concessions… fully and wholly, for themselves and their heirs, of us and our heirs, in all respects and in all places forever, as is aforesaid.
Find and underline the following rights